Application for HU account
As a facility of the HU, the services offered by the Computer and Media Service (CMS) are primarily for members of the HU. Under certain circumstances, the services may also be made available to members of other universities, institutions of higher learning and scientific organisations. Use of the Central Services (personal websites, e-mail, WLAN, print, file, database and computer services ) must be applied for.
- All students of the HU and of the Charité can activate the HU account with this online form.
Staff members of the HU can submit the written application in person or via the intra-campus mail service. Please complete as much of the form as possible online and then print it out. You will find the blank application form here in a PDF file (German / English).
We can also send you a blank form through the internal mail. Just contact the User help desk of the CMS in writing, over the phone or via e-mail to request this form.
Please also note the remarks about the application form and those for using the communication services (German / English). The application is processed by the User help desk of the CMS within two business days of receipt.
- Web administrators, who would like to set up web pages for their facility can be given memory space for the online presence on the central WWW server www2.hu-berlin.de or in a Plone instance (application).
- Database service. Staff members of the HU can submit a written application in person or via the internal mail. You will find the blank order form here in a PDF file. Additional information on the database service
- Students at the HU’s Faculty of Medicine can obtain information about the options for working in the CIPom, the two student-managed computer rooms of the Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin, over the phone (tel.: location CVK 450 - 576269, location CCM 450 - 576044)
- Students from other institutions of higher learning may only be given a Windows account to use the computers in the computer pool of the HU. Those students have to register here for the library: Application for a library account
- Staff at the Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin do not receive an HU account and are asked to contact the Charité IT Centre.
- Library users can sign in with their library account on the PCs. A library account can be applied for here: Application
Administrators from other HU facilities can request these order forms in order to issue user IDs (such as for ADS users).